Fashion accessories are your best allies for a flawless look. Therefore, the question of choosing accessories is put, if not in the foreground, then at one of the top positions. How to choose the right earrings, bracelets and other jewelry depends largely on the impression you want to make. Take your time with this difficult task, first, read some rules for choosing accessories.
Accessories for a complete look
To complete an outfit, reveal your personality, draw attention to a specific piece, or add a touch that makes a difference, there are many items available:
- jewelry and bijouterie (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc.);
- shawls and scarves;
- hair ornaments (headband, headband, hairpins, bow, etc.);
Any piece of jewelry or accessory is chosen for a specific purpose, depending on what kind of image we want to create in public. A necklace, bracelet or earrings can change your look. We can go from casual to something chic in seconds, all thanks to the accessories. However, there are details that should not be overlooked when making your choice.
- Determine your skin tone to find the right jewelry. Depending on the color type, find out what will look best on you - silver, gold, natural or artificial materials.
- As you know, jewelry is eye-catching. If you want to highlight your face - choose earrings. If you prefer to emphasize your bust or neckline, the necklace will become your best friend. I don't think it's worth reminding you that the part of the body you want to draw attention to should be well-groomed.
- Quality versus quantity is one of the golden rules. When it comes to accessories, balance needs to be considered, especially in evening looks. Too much jewelry on the body is not a good idea as it makes the look heavy.
- Choose a piece of jewelry or a bag depending on the occasion (office, date, evening, celebration) and according to the clothes you are wearing.
- If you're having trouble finding the right accessory, keep it minimal. Give preference to small items: thin rings, small earrings-studs, a chain bracelet.
Earrings are the perfect accessory to frame your face and are appropriate not only for a glamorous evening or a chic celebration. Pendant earrings are more suitable for those who do not have a very long face. Try highlighting them with a romantic bun or hairstyle that reveals the nape and neck. If you have a wide face, avoid circular earrings.
Impressive neck jewelry is not recommended for petite women who prefer sophisticated outfits. If, on the contrary, you have broad shoulders, a fashionable long necklace will "stretch" your figure. For every day, give preference to laconic inexpensive jewelry. Leave the necklace with precious stones or pearls for special occasions to avoid fashion mistakes.
They should be in proportion to the size of your fingers. Do you have short, thin fingers? Do not buy models that are too wide or with a large stone. Also, you cannot combine jewelry and precious stones on your fingers at the same time, as well as rings of different colors.
The bracelet that you put on to work should be thin and stylish to highlight your personality. If you are a fan of fashion trends and outfits from the latest collections, choose a bracelet that will not attract attention. Likewise, if you're opting for a neutral outfit, don't be afraid to show yourself off with a chunky or chunky bracelet.
The handbag is the perfect accessory to highlight the outfit in the basic colors. If you wear clothes in a neutral color, choose a bright bag that will brighten your look. Forget the old rule that your mom and grandmother used to say that shoes and bag should be the same color. Look for contrasts between them and combinations with other colors in your outfit. A large bag is not suitable for petite ladies, but tall ladies can afford medium to large bags.