Women's fashion is very changeable - some things appear in everyday life, others irrevocably disappear from wardrobes and shop windows. But this does not apply to such a model as a raglan sweater - a few years ago, he became fashionable and since then has not lost his position for a moment.
Women's sweater raglan
The first thing that distinguishes a raglan knitted sweater is the shape of the sleeves. Unlike traditional models, in which the sleeve is sewn to the main part at shoulder level, in the raglan model the shoulder part is filled along the entire length. Raglan is knitted in the round, forming two straight seams. This type of sleeve looks good on sweater models of any length and any cut.
The raglan sweater has one important advantage - due to the unusual cut of the sleeve, it can be used to visually correct imperfect shoulders and arms. Based on this, it is safe to say that this model is suitable for everyone, without exception, as a slim thin girls, and those who have a powerful physique or broad shoulders. Thanks to the original, the top of the sweater looks neat and sophisticated.
Oversize Raglan Sweater
Modern fashion this year sets such a trend as oversight - this is a wide loose clothing that looks like it is not the size, and a sweater with a raglan sleeve is no exception. There are a lot of advantages and such models:
- An oversized Raglan sleeve sweater looks great on any type of figure.
- Due to the wide cut, with the help of such a model it is easy to visually hide figure flaws, for example, broad shoulders, not a perfect belly, very large or small breasts.
- Oversize clothing is comfortable, does not hinder movement.
The most popular models of overseas with raglan sleeves are knitted sweaters. They look volume, and it is easy, most of them are very warm, suitable for the winter season. When choosing such a sweater it is worth paying attention to what is mating to the touch - ideal if the canvas is soft and loose. Otherwise, you may experience severe discomfort.
Sweater raglan with collar
Many people mistakenly believe that raglan is only a model with a round or sharp neckline, so this option is not suitable for winter. But this opinion is erroneous - the raglan sweater range has many collar options:
Such models can be sewn or knitted from bulky warm fabric or yarn - they will be warm and comfortable. Styles with a collar, knitted with a thick pattern of bulky yarn, look harmonious. The most popular patterns are braids or aranas. Lightweight raglan models with collars are also popular - neat, comfortable knee socks or stylish thin spring sweaters.
In modern fashion, women's knitted raglan sweater is particularly popular. It looks stylish and beautiful on any type of figure - on girls of both thin and strong stature. Plus, if you knit yourself or order a master, you can choose a yarn with a high percentage of soft wool, and in this case the sweater will be light, comfortable and unusually warm.
One of the most popular patterns for knitted raglan is arana. It is a variety of diverse braids intertwined in an interesting way. The pattern with arans can be both bulky of thick yarn, as well as subtle, neat. There are two main uses for the pattern:
- the whole sweater is connected with aran pattern;
- Aranami is connected only with the front part and, possibly, a fragment of the sleeves, the main pattern is the front smooth surface or elastic band.
Openwork sweater raglan
Knitted openwork things look especially light and gentle, especially if we are talking about such a stylish and comfortable model, like a raglan sweater. This option is hardly successful for the cold season, but it is ideal for a warm spring or autumn. The models of openwork raglans are various:
- sweater, fully knitted openwork pattern;
- Raglan sweater with lace sleeves.
Raclan sweater with jacquard pattern
As a rule, everything new is well-forgotten old; sweaters with jacquard patterns, long left in the past, have returned to fashion again in an updated stylish design. They seem especially cozy and warm. A jacquard sweater with a raglan cut is very convenient and comfortable; many people use it as casual warm clothing. This is also an ideal model for themed winter photo sessions.
A sweater made from thick raglan yarn is incredibly popular in the winter season. More often than not, this is an oversized model - it looks voluminous, sometimes even massive, the pattern can be either complex, refined, like arans or openwork compositions, or extremely simple - in this design, even ordinary stockinette stitch looks incredibly stylish. The only important requirement for coarse-knit raglans is that the fabric must be loose, soft, and in no case dense. Otherwise, the thing will look extremely ugly, and you are unlikely to be comfortable in it.
A comfortable and stylish raglan sweater with a neckline will look especially neat on a sophisticated female figure, it is only important to choose a good shape and depth of the neckline, taking into account the cut, body type, chest size and personal preferences. Designers offer fashionable women such options for cut-outs on a sweater with a raglan sleeve type:
- round neckline;
- oblong "boat";
Neat and delicate raglans with a cutout look very stylish and beautiful, and many models can become a detail of an office dress code. For example, a pale pink, gray, blue or white raglan sweater goes very well with a strict pencil skirt or trousers - classic, skinny or flared cut. Your image will be very stylish and will not go beyond the working dress code if you wear a jacket or a strict vest on such a sweater.
Short raglan sweater
A sweater, even a voluminous one, does not have to be warm, practical and cover everything in cold weather. Thus, a cropped raglan sweater is more of a style element than a warm garment, which is why it is often knitted from thin yarn, or warm, but with a synthetic composition that provides almost no warmth. The disadvantage of this clothing option is obvious - it is an open lower back, but what are its advantages? There are many reasons why you should buy such a sweater, and here are the main ones:
- it looks stylish and youthful; it goes well with modern models of jeans, trousers;
- short raglan is a strong focus on a thin waist and a beautiful belly;
- a short sweater can visually adjust the shape, short stature or tight build.
Long raglan sweater
The advantages of a long sweater are obvious - it will be very warm and comfortable, and the cut of the raglan sleeves will provide a feeling of comfort. Such sweaters come in different types:
- warm - knitted raglan sweater with a throat;
- thin elegant raglan.
Long raglans can be either miniature, fitted, or voluminous in an oversized style. The first option visually makes a woman’s figure slimmer and emphasizes the elegance of her shape, but this is not the most suitable model for overweight girls. The oversized model is universal - the sweater looks stylish and original on a slender woman, and with its help it is easy to hide figure flaws. The most popular pattern for long sweaters this year is a variety of arans.
Off Shoulder Raglan Sweater
Open female coat hanger looks very tender and sexy, even if it is a usual daily image. Raglan sweater, slightly open shoulders, is one of the most favorite clothing options, it is appropriate for everyday walkways or going to a cafe, or for a date or theater. There are two main types of such sweaters:
- Raglan sweater with a deep-cut boat, decorated with an elastic band. The model looks very gentle and elegant in both light colors and dark colors.
- Raglan golf with cutouts on the shoulders is a very original and elegant model.
Hooded Raglan Sweater
The stylish outerwear option for a warm spring or autumn is a voluminous fashionable women's raglan sweater with a hood, which comes in such variants:
- Sweater sweatshirt with raglan sleeves. Comfortable and practical clothes in sporty style. Fabrics are different in composition and density, some warmed models can be worn without a jacket before the onset of cold weather or the rainy season.
- Knitted sweater with a hood. Beautiful volumetric model, ideally combined with casual style of clothing and is suitable for both slim girls and full.
In such clothes, the hood has a rather decorative function - it creates additional volume, thanks to which a simple thing acquires a stylish and interesting appearance. But in some situations, the hood can help out, being used for its intended purpose, for example, in very windy weather or in case of sudden rain. Just in case, you should choose a model with a deep comfortable hood.
What can I wear with a raglan sweater?
A sweater with raglan sleeves is versatile and practical. The model range is very wide, and it will not be difficult for you to choose the appropriate option for a particular case. The looks with a raglan sweater are very diverse, it all depends on where you are going to go:
- On every day. For an everyday look, any version of a raglan sweater is suitable, you just need to take into account the characteristics of your figure. The item goes perfectly with jeans, trousers or leather leggings, which are fashionable this year. For shoes, you can choose sneakers, low-top boots, low, stable heels - in a word, what will make you most comfortable.
- To work. For a work dress code, a thin raglan, long or cropped, combined with dress pants or a pencil skirt, is a good option.
- Evening out. To create an elegant evening look, you can choose several combinations:
- a volume raglan sweater with a fluffy or narrow skirt of medium length;
- slim raglan with mini skirt;
- raglan with open shoulders in combination with a skirt.
Raglan sweater with skirt
Universal raglan sweaters are perfectly combined with any type and style of clothing, including a variety of skirts;
- A large-knit raglan sweater for women is ideal for a long skirt. This combination is ideal for slender girls, curvy ladies, this outfit can be a little fat.
- With a short mini skirt, most styles of raglan sweaters go well. Beautifully look volumetric models, slim fitted, elongated oversight.
- A midi skirt (length to the knees) will look beautiful with an elongated fitted sweater. As a decor, you can use a thin strap at the waist.
- The pencil skirt goes well with a free cut sweater, both with long and short models.
- A long raglan (approximately to the middle of the length of the skirt) will fit the sun skirt.
- Fitted raglan sweaters that can be tucked in go well with flared skirt models.
Raglan sweater with jeans
Just like the universal version of the sweater is a raglan with a huge variety of models, jeans are easily combined with any look and style. Combining these two items of clothing is not difficult, it is only important to take into account the seasonality and color combinations:
- Short raglans with openwork knitting or a thin simple pattern go well with summer models of pastel-colored jeans.
- Both a motley sweater with raglan sleeves and a monochromatic light or dark suit the neutral blue jeans. Oversize model will look stylish too.
- For winter jeans in dark color, you can choose a voluminous knitted raglan; both elegant elongated models and a wide comfortable oversize will look beautiful.