Your mother-in-law's birthday is coming up and you're looking for a gift? Then be sure to read our article, after which you will know exactly what to give your mother-in-law for her birthday. You will be able to choose the most worthy present for your "second mother". After reading the sections “Based on interests”, “It is useful”, “Make a gift yourself”, “Emotions as a gift”, you will have many options for presents for your mother-in-law.
Based on interests
To be sure to guess with a birthday present for your mother-in-law, remember what she likes the most, what she is fond of. Does your mother-in-law have any hobbies? Then it will be much easier to choose a present. Before purchasing a gift, be sure to talk with your wife, ask what her mother likes.
Does your mother-in-law love movies and never goes a day without watching a new batch of comedies? Then present her with a collection of the best comedies so that she can enjoy watching, remembering the old days.
Or maybe your mother-in-law is quite active, likes to travel around the world? For her, the best option would be a multifunctional camera. She will be able to capture every moment, and upon arrival home, show photos to friends and family.
For a birthday girl, a needlewoman can choose a box for storing sewing accessories as a birthday present. You can find a beautiful box in the form of a box that will perfectly complement the interior, while being necessary in everyday life. Your mother-in-law will be able to put threads, fabrics, needles, hooks into it so that the grandchildren do not get to them, do not lose, do not confuse.
Many women after 45-50 years old begin to love trips to the country, spend a huge amount of time in the countryside. If you want to really surprise your mother-in-law, then make a gazebo with your own hands or put a swing in the form of a chair on its site. You can present rare seedlings or seeds to the birthday girl.
Since most older women do not like the Internet, you can sign up for a yearly subscription for your mother-in-law to your favorite magazine so that she always knows about the events.
Emotions as a gift
As a gift to the mother-in-law, it is not at all necessary to choose something material, you can give her excellent emotions, joy and happy moments. There are several presents from which the birthday girl will rejoice:
- Drive. For example, a trip to another country or just a vacation outside the city. What could be better than a trip when you are so tired of the routine? You can choose a medical resort, a sanatorium or a city where the birthday girl wants to go.
- Walk on horseback. If the mother-in-law, despite her age, loves adrenaline, then why not arrange a horse ride for her? Make her feel like a better rider.
- Subscription. Subscription is suitable for SPAsalon, massage, hairdresser. This also includes certificates and gift cards to a clothing store, perfumery, etc.
- Master Class. Mature people usually like to learn something new and do it non-stop. Remember what the birthday girl wants to learn? Maybe dance Argentine tango or cook Italian pizza? Purchase a master class certificate for her.
- Tickets. These can be tickets for a performance, as well as for a concert of your favorite star or a gallery exhibition.
Make a gift yourself
To show you care, make a handmade gift for your mother-in-law. Undoubtedly, a handmade gift will be a win-win option. What present can you make yourself:
- Soap. Of course, on the shelves in the store you can find a huge assortment, but handmade soap has an exceptional smell and design. Get the best soap making kit and cook fragrant presents for the birthday girl.
- Cake. It will be quite unusual if the son-in-law bakes a cake for the birthday girl, but she will definitely be pleased, especially if she likes sweets.
- Portrait. But only if you know how to draw, and if there is no talent, then it’s better not to take it so as not to offend a woman with your inept actions. If you really want to give a portrait, then contact the master.
- Decorations. The gift is rather complicated, but worthy.
- Video congratulations. There is nothing better than a movie made by a loving son-in-law. Write down the congratulations of all the relatives and friends of the birthday girl, mount the segments into a film, insert a few photos of your mother-in-law into it and boldly turn it on right in the middle of the celebration.
Do not forget that in addition to the main gift, mother-in-law must be given flowers. They can be decorated with a bouquet or composition, for example, in a basket combined with fruit. You can also give a box of flowers, divided into two parts, one of which will contain delicious macaroons, fruits or sweets. And, of course, your warm wishes will be the best birthday present for your mother-in-law. Your mother-in-law will be proud of you and brag to her friends that she has the most caring son-in-law.